In this article, we want to talk to you about why it's important to clean evaporator coils. Evaporator coils are a critical component of your air conditioning system, and they work by absorbing heat from the air as it passes over them. Over time, however, these coils can become coated with dirt, dust, and other debris, which can significantly reduce their efficiency and lead to a variety of problems, including:
What disadvantages of an evaporator coil dirty?
- Reduced cooling capacity: If your air conditioning system is struggling to cool your home, it could be a sign that your evaporator coils are dirty and clogged with debris. This can make it more difficult for your system to absorb heat from the air, which can result in reduced cooling capacity.
- Higher energy bills: A dirty evaporator coil can cause your air conditioning system to work harder and longer to achieve the same level of cooling, which can lead to higher energy bills. If you've noticed an unexplained increase in your energy bills, it could be a sign that your evaporator coils need cleaning.
- Poor indoor air quality: A dirty evaporator coil can allow bacteria, mold, and other contaminants to grow and circulate through your home, leading to poor indoor air quality. If you or your family members are experiencing respiratory problems, allergies, or other health issues, it could be a sign that your evaporator coils need cleaning.
Why it's important to have an HVAC expert to clean evaporator coils?
Cleaning the evaporator coils of your air conditioning system is a job best left to HVAC specialists for several reasons:
- Safety: Cleaning the evaporator coils can be a hazardous job, especially if you're not familiar with the equipment or the safety procedures. John's Home Comfort is trained to handle these types of jobs safely, using the appropriate tools and safety equipment.
- Knowledge and expertise: John's Home Comfort has the knowledge and expertise to clean the evaporator coils effectively and efficiently. They know how to remove dirt and debris from the coils without damaging them, which can help to prolong the life of your air conditioning system.
- Proper equipment: John's Home Comfort specialists have access to specialized equipment that is designed to clean the evaporator coils effectively. They have tools that can reach deep into the coils to remove dirt and debris, which can be difficult to do with standard household cleaning tools.
- Maintenance tasks: When the John's Home Comfort specialist cleans your evaporator coils, they can also perform other maintenance tasks, such as checking the refrigerant levels, tightening electrical connections, and lubricating moving parts. This can help to ensure that your air conditioning system is running at peak efficiency.
When is the best time clean evaporator coils?
Prevention is always better than cure. So if you want to spend a cool and enjoyable summer at home, start now and take action to clean your evaporator coils.
The best time to get A/C coil cleaning underway is at the start of the year in the spring. Call Now!
John's Home Comfort 416-881-5425 and book your maintenance appointment to ensure that your air conditioning system is running smoothly and efficiently, keeping you cool and comfortable all summer long.